Over the Easter period, the following vehicle was stolen from Christchurch, and a reward is being offered for any information leading to its recovery:
2008 Buccaneer 605 Exess
2006 Johnson 175 serial no. 05076579
DMW tandem trailer reg. L669Q
Protect Your Boat From Theft
Nautical Insurance recommends the following precautions to reduce the risk of theft:
• Moving the boat so it cannot be seen from the street. Garaging or a secure unit is preferred.
• Disabling trailers with anti-theft coupling devices or chaining or removing wheels.
The best method is a wheel clamp either a Trojan or SAS is recommended.
• Using security lights or alarms.
• Storing motors and accessories in a locked building.
Auxilliary motors must be padlocked on or no cover applies.
• If you lay your boat up you should demount all electronic heads and other items which might be easily stolen.
• Putting permanent identification on the boat and equipment.
• Welding registration numbers or ID to trailers.
• Photographing all items.
You should be aware that failing to take reasonable precautions to prevent burglary or theft may invalidate
your insurance claim.