Vessel is the hull, fixtures and fittings.
Motor includes accessories, battery, remotes and tanks.
Gear and equipment left permanently on board the vessel but which would not normally be sold with it, including life jackets, wet weather gear, flares, tools, spare parts, bedclothes, foodstuffs, cooking utensils, handheld VHFs/GPSs and other handheld electronic equipment.
Not covered: personal effects, water skis, water toys, fishing and diving gear.
Auxiliary motors must be detailed under section “Auxiliary Insured”.
Limit of indemnity:$5,000,000
Note: An additional excess of $250 will apply to any yacht whilst engaged in racing or trials, or in preparation thereof.
Note: An additional excess of $2,500 will apply to any Jet Boat whilst operating in waters that propelled craft are unable to navigate.
Address where the vessel will be kept when not in use.
When applying for insurance, you have a legal duty of disclosure to the insurer — to truthfully disclose all information that is relevant and/or material to the insurer, so as to enable it to decide whether to provide this insurance, and (if so) on what terms. You have this duty every time your policy renews and whenever you make changes to this policy.
If you breach this duty, then the insurer may elect to void your policy from inception or the last renewal date. This means that the policy will be treated as if it never existed
The duty to disclose relevant or material information is not limited to the questions listed in the proposal (if a proposal form is completed). Please ask us if you are not sure whether you need to disclose information.
The following is brought to your attention:
I/we thereby warrant that no insurance company has refused or cancelled insurance, that the vessel is well found and in every respect seaworthy, and that the above statements and particulars are true.
I/we agree that the proposal and declaration shall be the basis of the contract.
By entering this contract of insurance, you agree to the following:
Vero Insurance New Zealand Limited has been given an AA- financial strength rating by Standard and Poor’s. The rating outlook is Stable.
The rating scale is available from the Vero Insurance website.
The Insurance Claims Register (ICR) is a database of insurance claims to which participant insurers have access. The purpose of the ICR is to prevent insurance fraud. The ICR is operated by Insurance Claims Register (ICR Ltd), PO Box 474, Wellington 6140.
This policy is issued to you on the condition that you authorise the insurer to place any claims made against this policy on the database of ICR Ltd, where they will be retained and be available for other insurance companies to inspect. You authorise the insurer to obtain from ICR Ltd personal information about you that is (in their view) relevant to this policy or any claims against it.
You have certain rights of access to and correction of this information subject to provisions of the Privacy Act 1993.
By completing and submitting this proposal form,
I/we declared that to the best of my/our knowledge and belief these particulars are true, complete and correct. Subject to any right I/we have under the Clean Slate Act, I/we have not withheld any information or any other material fact likely to affect the provision of cover by Nautical / Vero Marine Limited.
I/We declare that:
1. Subject to any right I/we have under the Clean Slate Act, the information given is in every respect correct and complete and all material information, including details of previous losses/claims, has been disclosed to Nautical/Vero Marine.
2. I/we undertake to exercise all ordinary and reasonable precautions for the safety of the boat and I/we warrant that the boat is well found and in every respect seaworthy.
3. This application shall be the basis of the contract between Nautical/Vero Marine and myself/ourselves; and I am/we are willing to accept cover subject to Nautical/Vero Marine’s policy terms, conditions, exclusions and any special terms they may require.
4. The figures shown represent the current market value on the New Zealand market, or if less than 3 years old, the replacement value.
5. I/We are fully authorised to complete and sign this application on behalf of the person(s) named in the proposal.
1. Nautical/Vero Marine to give and obtain from other insurance companies, insurance brokers, the Insurance Claims Register Ltd or any other party any information relating to this or any other insurance held or previously held by me/us and any claim(s) made by me/us.
I/We undertake to inform Nautical/Vero Marine immediately of any material events or changes in circumstances which occur after the commencement of this policy and whenever the contract is varied or renewed. This insurance will not be in force until this proposal has been accepted by Nautical/Vero Marine
HoursMonday – Friday8:30 am – 5 pm
Phone0508 628 8425+64 3 384 1694
Address62 Riccarton RoadRiccartonChristchurch 8011
Web design and development by Wired, Christchurch